Anxiety Healing Circle
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Come join our circle.
When a stress trigger sets you off, do you find yourself with shoulders scrunched up to your ears, heart pounding in your chest, a headache developing, or feel a threatening rumble in your gut? Do you want to learn how to hijack this auto play loop and instead feel calm and peaceful?
Three healing circle meetings
A talk about anxiety, a gentle yoga practice including breathwork, reflection with journaling and an invitation to share your experience with another and with the group.
For home practice:
A folder with handouts and audio recordings of the physical practice and breath practice.
The goal for these 3 classes is for you to:
• Understand what is happening to you the moment stress and anxiety strike, so you can
• Learn skills to hijack the stress loop,
• Develop your capacity to experience peacefulness using breathwork and gentle yoga,
• Learn a take home practice that will invite peacefulness into your life.
Who is invited:
People age 15 and older who experience anxiety.
What to bring:
• Comfortable clothing that allows free movement.
• Yoga mat/block/blanket if you have it (not necessary as there will be yoga equipment to share).
• $30 cash or check made out to Edina Sports + Family Medicine to be paid in full at beginning of the first class.
Wood Lake Nature Center
6710 Lake Shore Drive
Class will be held in the beautiful space called The Fireplace Room.
August 29, September 5, and September 12 from 7:00-8:15 PM (75 minutes) for three Tuesdays in a row. There will be a follow up class 6 weeks later on Tuesday October 24 (separate $10 payment). Please come 15 minutes early to register and claim your spot.
Kristin Haugan, MD of Edina Sports + Family Medicine. Dr. Haugan is a holistic family physician and certified yoga instructor with a special interest in helping people with anxiety. Dr. Haugan will not be able to give individualized medical advice at the healing circle.
Reservations and to sign up:
Call Edina Sports + Family Medicine at 952-926-6489, ask for Anne.
Space is limited to 30 participants